Warranty & Care Information
HOW SHOULD I CARE FOR MY ULTRA STAINLESS SCREENS?
Your new Ultra Stainless Steel Security Screens have been manufactured using the highest quality materials available to the security industry. Constructed from Architectural Grade Aluminium and Stainless Steel Mesh, both of these metals are highly corrosion resistant and exceptionally strong. With a moderate amount of maintenance, your Ultra Stainless Steel Security Screens will retain their good looks, and resist the elements for years to come.
Ultra Stainless Steel Security Screens are the product of years of development and are designed to resist corrosion and rusting, but as with all external fixtures on your home, they require some maintenance to keep looking good and performing well. Depending on how harsh the environmental elements are, the maintenance period will vary. Refer the suggested maintenance table below.
Your Ultra Stainless Steel Security Screens should only ever need to be washed down with a soft bristled brush using warm mains water and a mild detergent.
Rinse well with mains water to remove any detergent residue paying particular attention to ensure ALL residue is flushed from the mesh retaining areas of the frame. Only mains water is to be used as recycled, bore or tank water water is unacceptable and may lead to detrimental corrosion effects. Care should be taken to avoid excessive amounts of water entering the main lock and auxiliary 3 point locks. Strong detergents and abrasive cleaners MUST NEVER be used to clean your Ultra Stainless Steel Security Screens as these may scratch or damage the surface finish and increase the likelihood of corrosion.
Periodic lubrication of the main lock and auxiliary lock components should only ever be done using graphite powder. Liquid or aerosol lubricants can cause corrosion and damage the locking mechanism.
SUGGESTED MAINTENANCE PERIOD TABLE
- Mild Environment: Clean once every six months.
- Mild Environment is considered as: being rural, away from the coast and remote from industry and urban activity.
- Moderate Environment: Clean once every three months.
- Moderate Environment is considered as: being mainly urban, inland and away from heavy industry.
- Tropical/Severe Environment: Clean once every two – four weeks.
- Tropical/Severe Environment is considered as: being coastal/marine, subject to salt deposition and within 15Km of the Eastern Coast, or 10Km of the Western Coast of Australia.
GET A QUOTE
TALK TO OUR TEAM TO GET STARTED TODAY